Click this link below for historical real estate market statistics for Summit County
May 2019 Market Analysis
Please note that Land Title data comes from actual recorded transactions at the County Clerk and Recorder’s Office for that particular month. The information is not directly related to MLS data. The data is an unofficial tabulation of Summit County Records that are believed to be reasonably accurate.
- Market Analysis by Area for May 2019: There were a total of 222 transactions and $158,950,200 in monetary volume. The average transaction price for all 18 reported areas, plus Deed Restricted transactions, was $739,097, average residential price was $768,398 and average residential PSF was $511.
- Market Analysis by Area YTD 2019 -5 Months: There was a total of $632,485,917 with 793 transactions. The average transaction price was $828,859, the average residential price was $819,992 and the average PPSF was $494.
- Market Snapshot for Years 2019 vs 2018: Average Indicators for $: Single Family +15%, Multi- Family +5% and Vacant Land -7%. Median Indicators for Single Family +7%, Multi- Family +6% and Vacant Land -14%.
- Market Analysis % Change 2019: Monetary volume ($158,950,200) in May 2019 was up 17% from May 2018. Transactions (222) were up 13% in from May 2018. YTD 2019 Monetary Volume is pacing 15% ahead of YTD May 2018, and transactions are down 4%.
- Residential Cost Analysis: Residential volume in May had 176 transactions with $135,238,000 gross volume. There were 37 properties that sold for $1M and above in May. We are seeing more transactions in higher price points. There were 55 Single Family, 121 Multi-Family and 13 Vacant Land transactions.
- Average Price History by Type- YTD April 2019: Average price for residential Single Family: $1,310,199, Multi- Family: $548,473 and Vacant Land: $341,382.
- Comparative Historical Cost Analysis Comparison 2019-2018 YTD. YTD 2019, there were 620 residential transactions and $508,394,796 gross $ volume with 141 properties selling for over $1M. YTD 2018, there were 642 transactions with $457,925,484 gross $ volume with 104 properties selling for over $1M. YTD 2017, there were 678 transactions with $468,286,153 with 127 properties selling for over $1M.
- Top Lender Analysis May 2019: There were 532 loans in May. 167 loans were related to sales, there were 128 REFI’s and 237 loans were timeshare related. 25% of the real estate closings were cash transactions.
- Market Highlights: Please see page 11 of the Market Analysis- Note the the higher priced sale in May 2019 in the Shock Hill area in Breckenridge at $6,835,000. The top priced PSF was in the same neighborhood at $1,136.
- Foreclosures: There were no Bank sales in May, with only one Foreclosure action filed compared to 11 in May 2018. There have only been 13 actions filed YTD 2019.
- Purchaser Profile Abstract: There were 41 upper end sales in May 2019 compared to 42 in April. Our buyers for real estate transactions for May 2019: Front Range demographic at 42% of our market, 30% are “local” and 28% are out of state buyers with 0% International. Please note page 17 comparing demographics of our buyers through 2013.